I'll admit to being a sucker for punishment when it comes to any foodie challenge, but fun I sure had when I started playing with Peppers in my kitchen this weekend thanks to Qurator's: Hive Top Chef! | PEPPERS!
Beautiful Bell peppers are also known as Sweet Peppers and belong to the Capsicum family. They come in the most gorgeous colours - red, yellow, orange, green, white, and purple.
I used red and yellow Bell Peppers and cooked up a little storm in the kitchen, but no one complained!
#1 - Eggs in Pepper Basket
- Slice pepper rings and trim inside edge
- Melt half butter & oil, place pepper ring in pan, break an egg into it and cook to your own preference.
- Finely grate Cheddar Cheese onto egg and serve.
#2 - Pepper Pancakes
Peppery Pancakes/ Crumpets/ Flapjacks
- 375ml Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- Cayenne Pepper
Add and mix till smooth:
- 1 Tbsp melted Butter
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 200ml Milk
- 100ml grated Cheese
- Finely diced Bell Pepper off-cuts
Spoon batter into Bell Pepper rings & cook on both sides, serve with grated Cheddar Cheese
#3 - Quiche in Pepper cups
- Place Pepper rings into well-sprayed muffin pans
- Arrange diced Bell Peppers, Leeks, Kale, Parsley, Spring Onions, mixed Vegetables, fresh Herbs and grated Cheddar Cheese into Pepper rings
- 1 cup full cream Milk
- 2 X large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Self-raising Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
Pour over vegetables and bake approx 20 min or till set and golden brown
Carefully remove from pan and serve with a salad for lunch or Egg in Pepper basket for breakfast
One last bite!
Original Content by @lizelle
Thank you for stopping by
Copyright @lizelle - All Rights Reserved
Banner created by @derangedvisions