Hi friends oh @HIVE, This is my entry in this great contest
Rice with coconut
1 cup rice
3 slices cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
2 cups of water
powdered cinnamon to taste.
30 g of raisins. (optional)
- Split the coconuts and remove the black rind, then cut them into small pieces, wash and blend them in 2 cups of strained water to extract the milk, add little by little more water as you strain them, (in total you should yield 2 cups of coconut milk).
- In a pot, pour the two cups of water and the washed rice.
- Add the cinnamon strips, the paper and the pinch of salt, cook over a low heat until the rice is soft, always stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- When the rice is soft add the two cups of coconut milk, let it cook, if you want more sweetness you can add sugar to taste.
- Pour the raisins and stir all this mixture over a low heat until it gets a creamy consistency.
Remove from heat and let stand, you can sprinkle cinnamon powder on it when serving.
I poured it into a coconut shell I decorated with raisins and cinnamon powder, this picture is from the garden of my house, and the best thing was that I shared it with my parents and nephew, it gave for 4 portions.
Many greetings @qurator, I am happy to participate in your great contest...
Cámara: Celular Samsung j core 2
Localidad: Venezuela / Cumaná/Sucre
Greetings friends until next time