Raisins are one of the most popular dry fruit in the world. Liked and used in almost every part of the world. Not only it make the dishes rich and tasty but also has a lot of health benefits.
There are various types of raisins available in different regions some are very sweet, some sour, some black some yellow.
We know it is made from different types of grapes. here in India, this is a season of grapes which are abundantly available for a couple of months.
Making raisins from grapes is not a big task if you can spare some time for it. I just gave it a try to make raisins and the outcome was nice.
How I made it!
It can be prepared by either dried grapes directly without any processing or by drying after blanching. Drying it directly without processing takes a long time to get it dry but drying after blanching the grapes, it gets ready in 2-3 days.
Fresh seasonal grapes
- Wash them thoroughly 2-3 times
- Heat water and bring it to a boil.
- Add grapes in the boiling water.
- After a few minutes when it started to float on the surface and there are some cracks visible on the grapes drain water
|Day 2||Day 3|
- When it is dried properly store it in an airtight container. It can be used for the complete year if kept in the fridge or in an airtight container kept in a cool place.
Hope it will be interesting for you!