Few days before I prepared Sago Kheer that was somewhat in a liquid state but now this time I tried to make it in a jelly form.
The procedure is almost the same but in this recipe, I added Agar Agar powder to make it jelly. As it is a mango season so I choose mango otherwise any season fruit of your choice can be used to make this dessert.
For this recipe, I prepared soy milk at home. Although it is very easy to make soy milk at home, but if you have no time then can use store-bought also as I used in the previous recipe.
- Sago 1 cup
- Soy milk 1 litre (required about 750 ml)
- Sugar 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup for caramelizing
- Mango medium size 1 pc
- Agar-Agar powder 2 tsp ( It is a vegetarian gelatin)
- Soak sago in 4x water for a couple of hours then boil till it becomes transparent or become soft.
- Drain the water by filtering it.
- Heat soy milk and add sugar. Now add cooked sago.
- Add Agar Agar powder and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil.
- In the meantime heat a pan and add 1/4 cup of sugar. Caramelize it and pour it into a bowl in which you want to set this pudding.
- Above caramelized sugar layer spread mango pulp layer then pour prepared milk.
- Cool it down and keep it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Your Pudding is ready to serve.
Serve it upside down on a plate same as shown in the 1st photo.