It is not a season of Custard apple but I have preserved its pulp in the freezer a few months before when it was abundantly available in the season.
It is not a very commonly prepared recipe as this fruit is available for a short duration of time and generally eaten as fresh. Its pulp is not easily available in the market.
This recipe is very simple if the pulp is available with you.
There is no standard recipe to prepare Sitafal ki Kheer or also known as Sitafal ki Rabri. You can make it in your own way by changing its ingredients.
It can be as simple as using just 3 ingredients viz. milk, pulp and sugar or just milk and pulp if you avoid sugar, as custard apple itself is sweet in taste.
Here I made it vegan using plant-based milk and some more ingredients.
- Custard apple pulp 2-3 cups
- Any plant-based milk about 1 liter (I used market bought soy milk)
- Sugar as per your taste
- Rice flour as a thickening agent, you can use other thickening agents like corn flour etc or can avoid it completely.
- Dry fruits of your choice.
- Saffron threads and cardamom if you like.
Some important ingredients used Frozen pulp, soy milk, sugar and dryfruits
- Heat milk and bring it to a boil.
- After a boil add the pulp and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add thickening agent like rice powder. Dissolve in milk separately before adding in as adding directly may form lumps.
- Add required sugar at this stage.
- Now add dry fruits, cardamom powder and saffron threads.
Bring it to a boil
Add saffron by disolving seperately in small amount of milk
When it is ready....
Serve it Hot or Chilled as you like. Both have different taste.