Matar paneer is one of the most popular dishes among Indian vegetarian people. Tofu is a perfect replacement for Indian cottage cheese (Paneer)
Apart from changing ingredients, there is no difference in making this recipe vegan.
- Tofu 200 gm
- Green peas fresh or frozen 100 gm
- Tomatoes 3-4 nos
- Garlic 10-15 buds
- Onion 2 medium size
- Green Chillis 2 nos
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece
- Any vegetable oil of your choice - 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Cashew optional
- Spices like cumin seeds, asafoetida, mustard seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, bay leaves, cardamom and black pepper.
- Cut tofu into small cubes and chop tomatoes and onion.
- Make a paste of tomatoes, onion, garlic and chillis.
- heat oil in a pan and add all spices, saute for a while.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the tomato paste is cooked properly add tofu cubes and green peas.
- Mix all well and simmer for few more minutes.
Serve hot with Chapati, Parantha or steamed rice