Last I made a post on how to cook rice and beans, and then on how to cook coconut rice, guess you all loved it and you must have tried cooking of them using my guide?
Well today we will be talking on how to prepare Nigerian native rice, yes I am a typical African woman, like I said in one of my post I love food and so I love cooking. Nigerian native rice is prepared using the following items;
8. Palm oil
9. Leaf( either curry leaf which is called Lemon Basil or you can as we use Hospital far also known as Jatropha tanjorensisor you can use pumpkin leaf called Telfairia occidentalis).
Now the procedure;
1. First of all purchase your rice at the market, wash it once or twice before putting into the pot and parboil, after parboiling it you bring but down and wash out the starchy content, after Washing it leave inside the strainer(sievter) for it to drain out it water.
2. Peel your maggi, prepare and wash your fish and Stockfish, pound your pepper and crayfish, plug your leaf if you have it at your backyard or better still purchase it, wash it and shred it to tiny pieces.
3. When you are done preparing everything, you wash your pot clean turn your rice into it, add all your condiments, the fish, crayfish, pepper, palm oil, salt etc to the rice. and stair.
After that add water to it not too much though, depending on how strong or soft the parboiled rice was.
4. Allow your the to steam for something, keep checking it till you are sure the water is all dried up and the you add your shredded leaf, stair and bring it down immediately. Some people prefer to bring the rice down before adding the shredded leaf, which ever way you prefer its all okay, so far it gives you want you want. Least I forget I used Hospital too far(Jatropha tanjorensis) to make the rice leafy.
It is the leaf added to the rice that makes it to be called Nigerian Native rice or Palm oil rice🤗🤗🤗😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
After cooking dish the rice and eat, you can either eat it with banana, a cool drink etc.
Thanks for engaging my blog