Prep time: 5 mins
Baking time: 20 mins in air fryer – 40 mins in normal oven
Yield: 3 persons
2lb. chicken wings
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
A teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
Salt as desired( i added 1 teaspoon )
1 tablespoon olive oil
100 grams melted butter
2 tablespoon hot sauce(such as Frank’s)
1 teaspoon honey
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of salt
- Cut the wings into wingettes and drumettes. Dry and place in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C and place a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Season the chicken wings with cornstarch, lemon, black pepper, salt, paprika and garlic powder.
- Toss together until well coated, add the olive oil and give it a quick mix.
- Place the chicken wings in the air fryer or on prepared wire rack over baking sheet.
- Bake in air fryer for 15 minutes and in the normal oven for 35 minutes until golden.
- Prepare the sauce mix butter with honey, hot sauce and pinch of garlic powder.
- Grease the two sides of the chicken with the sauce and back to oven for another 10 minutes in normal oven and for 5 minutes in air fryer.
- When out of oven give a quick toss of the remain sauce.