Today I substituted my wife in the kitchen while she did other housekeeping chores. I prepared King Fish fry with a few type of sauces but the main will be oyster sauce. It turned out well.
- Marinate fish with turmeric powder,salt, black pepper and white pepper powder, a little chili powder and coriander powder. Keep a side
- Fry well ( almost) the fish after marinate.
- Cook the following ingredients until aroma comes out:
a. 6 cloves - chopped small
b. 2 large onions - chopped small
c. 2- 3 inch ginger - cut small
d. 1 lemongrass
e. 2 red chilies - sliced half
- Add 1 capsicum and 1 tomato - cut to small square shapes. Cook a few more minutes until both become soft
- Add 4 tbsp oyster sauce, 3 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp white pepper powder, 1 tbsp black pepper powder. Cook a while
- Add 7 bird's eye chili and 1 onion cut into circles. Cook for a while and add salt to taste. If the the gravy is not enough, can add a little water.
- Finally add the fried fish. Cook for a while and garnish with shallot.