When I prepare brownies, everyone at home become excited. My family eats them with ice cream. I don't know how many recipes of brownies I have done in my life, but I like the american type. If you want a crusty surface you have to use more sugar but at the end they are too sweet for my taste. I try to be moderated in the ingredients. Brownies are soft and they have the appearance of not being well cooked, but that is what make brownies special.
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams of butter melted
- 100 grams of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of dark cocoa powder
- 300 or 400 grams of sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- nuts chopped optional, it can be peanuts
- mix well the 4 eggs with the sugar
- when the mixture is creamy add the melted butter and the vanilla essence
- sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and the cocoa powder
- mix well
- add the nuts chopped (optional)
I wait until the brownie is cold to cut it in small pieces.