Hey guys! I'm going to make quick & easy Danmuji today. It usually takes a few days to make Danmuji, but with this recipe you can make it in 24 hours in the refrigerator.
To be honest, not many people make Danmuji at home, because you can get it in any grocery store in Korea at affordable prices. Since I moved to Vietnam I'm making Danmuji at home, and it's not that difficult and you can see all the ingredients so it's safer and healthier!
• 1/2 medium-size Korean radish or Daikon
• 1 Tbsp salt (for pickling the radish)
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup vinegar
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 Tbsp salt (for the pickling juice)
• 3-4 sliced beet (optional)
1. You can have Danmuji as just normal side dish, but I'm going to make a vivid color of Kimbab next time ;) Thanks for reading!
Wash the radish several times in cold water and julienne thinly except for the green part. You can also use a julienne peeler.
Place the julienned radish to a medium-sized bowl, add 1Tbsp of salt and mix. Leave it about 20 to 30mins in room temperature.
Rinse the radish in cold water and squeeze the water out by hand.
4. Add 1 cup of water and 3-4 sliced beet to the bowl and wait for 20 minutes. Add 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of sugar and 1/4 Tbsp of salt and stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
Place it into a jar and keep it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
You can have Danmuji as just normal side dish, but I'm going to make a vivid color of Kimbab next time ;) Thanks for reading!